Tuesday, June 23, 2009

modern woman

there are layers
pressing down
on the human feeling
below my forced art
I
have
the
deep
fear

it crawls from
the bottom of the ocean
it tears and bleeds
on currents
it drags dear to my heart
it salts my
hardening emotions

in salted skin
we wake the day
shedding charcoal
ill from each other
in loving you
only harm will come
to our beach fire bed
our crazy speak
our nervous fragmented light

in you
I have lost all my ideas
I am compulsive
confused for control
holding myself back and down
you'd tell me
there
is
no
backing
down

I can not know
what we will
and I can not discern
what we won't

leaving you still
shipping off
k no w numbers
k no w time
there is no telling

telling the clock
we had planned this

and maybe I am
your modern woman
who leaves you sick
from a shotgun wedding
numb from brain waves

rusting mirrored neurons
consuming a shipwreck
voidSHIP
worSHIP

Ransom will tell us

poetry
like consciousness

drops the insignificant digits


there is no telling
2012 we planned this


No comments: